Thursday, December 16, 2010

Into the Christmas Spirit

When I was told I had to make a Kris Kringle this year for a girl I didn’t know, I was dumbfounded on what to make. Most of my ideas just don’t work out! So I tried making something that involved no glue, and no mess! And I decided to make some….

Christmas Pom pom Ball balls
(i just love saying it!)
What I used:
Approx. 35cm of white felt
A 6cm polystyrene ball
Pins
Ribbon

What I did:



1. Cut out as many felt circles that are approx. 1 ½ inches in diameter as you can.







2. Make a loop with the ribbon as seen in the picture, and using one pin, pin it onto the ball.






3. Now take a felt circle and fold it in half and half again (You can make different shapes and designs with each of these circles or you can stick to the simple ‘half and half’ rose shape.)






4. Place a pin through the corner and pin it into the polystyrene ball.







5. repeat steps 3 and 4 until all of your ball is completely covered.








6. you may choose to add things to your ball balls, i used holly, but my mum found some sparkly hair pins to use as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment