Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Holiday Crafts

I was minding my cousins this holidays and i needed some crafty fun that would keep them entertained for a while. little did i know i would be sucked into it too!
It was simple, theres no method to it, and no right or wrong way to do this, its simply designing a cover for a book. 
We took the girls to Spotlight and told them that they needed to design a book. that was all we had to do, we spent about 20 minutes in there picking what we needed. I picked up 2 coloured papers, some rub on sticker things, letter stickers and i stole some ribbon from my cousin, my photos were form home.
My younger cousins loved stickers, there was a whole wall to choose from and they were going crazy! My cousin who was 12 loved the glitter, she covered her book in glitter love hearts. and me, being a perfectionist 16 year old, made something simple, that i could cover with a clear plastic film with later to make it last longer.
Everything worked out great! it was easy, and everyone was sharing what they had and now each girl has a book they can use at school, and you can cover as many of them as you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment